2017 Schedule of Events
Preliminary Schedule of Events
|Friday, Sept 8|
|11:00AM - 8:00PM||Package Pickup at the Welcome GranFesta|
Vancouver Convention Centre East (999 Canada Pl #200)
|Saturday, Sept 9|
|5:30AM||Start Corrals Open (NO Bag Check)||Stanley Park, Brockton Point|
|6:05AM||Forte 152km Start||Stanley Park, Brockton Point|
|6:15AM||Giro Corral Open||Stanley Park, Brockton Point|
|6:40AM||Giro Start (5 min delay before the Giro women start at 6:45)||Stanley Park, Brockton Point|
|6:50AM||Alta Classe Start||Stanley Park, Brockton Point|
|7:00AM||GranFondo Waves - 122km||Stanley Park, Brockton Point|
|10:00AM||First Riders Expected||Day Lot 4, Whistler|
|10:00AM - 4:00PM||Celebration Plaza||Whistler Olympic Plaza|
|10:30AM||iRIDE Jam - kid's ride (ages 6+)||Day Lot 4, Whistler|
|1:30PM||Bike Check Closes for SATURDAY Bike return (pre-booking required)||Day Lot 4, Whistler|
|3:30PM||Return Passenger Transportation (pre-booking required)||Day Lot 4, Whistler|
|4:00PM||Finish Line Closes||Day Lot 4, Whistler|
|4:00PM||Bike Check Closes |
(all bikes to be picked up by 4:30PM)
|Day Lot 4, Whistler|
|6:30PM - 8:30PM||SATURDAY Bike pick-up (pre-booking required)||Lululemon Headquarters (1818 Cornwall St.)|
|7:00PM||Free Concert||Whistler Olympic Plaza|
|8:00PM - 2:00AM||RBC GranFondo Whistler After-Party||Buffalo Bill's Bar & Grill (4122 Village Green, Whistler)|
|9:00PM||2016 Event Day Video Release @ 9PM SHARP!||Buffalo Bill's Bar & Grill (4122 Village Green, Whistler)|
|Sunday, Sept 10|
|10:00AM - 2:30PM||Return Passenger Transportation (pre-booking required)||Whistler to Vancouver|
|10:00AM - 5:00PM||SUNDAY Bike pick-up||Lululemon Headquarters (1818 Cornwall St.)|
VELOSPOKE BIKE EXPO
JOIN US AT THE WELCOME GRANFESTA FOR PACKAGE PICKUP
- Package Pickup. Get your event package (bike plate, wrist band and sponsor swag).
- Participant ID. Your bike number and wrist band will admit you to the Rest Stops and Celebration Plaza.
- Bag Check. Make your weekend simple. Check your bag and pick it up at the finish.
- Sponsor Expo. See what our sponsors have in store for you.
- GranFondo Store. Look sharp in your RBC GranFondo Whistler Jersey.
- Welcome Festival. Meet and greet your fellow riders, swap strategies and drink up the excitement of the weekend.
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre East, 999 Canada Pl #200, Vancouver, BC V6C 3C1
All GranFondo riders will need to pick up their event package before the event at the Welcome GranFesta. Photo ID will be required for pick up and you will be asked to sign the event waiver in person. Only the registred rider can pick up his/her own package.
The finish area is in Whistler.
- Complimentary secure bike parking for all riders (drop your bike and enjoy the festivities)
- Finishers medal
- Picture station - capture the moment with a memento!
- lululemon Rider Stretch
- Alta Classe Recovery Lounge
- Complimentary hydration and nutrition station (riders only)
- Medical tent
- Bag check
- Sponsor activations
- Kids can enjoy Whistler's four-season, fully accessible award-winning playground
- Free live entertainment
- Meal and refreshments
- Refreshing Beer Garden
IRIDE JAM - KID'S RIDE (AGES 6+)
iRide will be hosting the iRide Jam. They will split kids into various groups based on age and skill levels. Each group will work with an iRide coach to develop skills and abilities.
iRide Jam - Kid's Ride Schedule:
Maximum capacity of 60 participants.
- All participants must be able to ride a 2-wheel bicycle.
- Waves of 10 riders work with a Cycling BC iRide coach on basic skills and fun games over a 15min session.
- Strider bike participants and any other overflow participants can practice skills in the closed practice area.
- All participants wishing to join the team for the annual photograph on stage will receive a free t-shirt.
- To take advantage of this opportunity, please meet the iRide staff at 12.40pm on the west side of the Plaza stage (near the washrooms).
- Students will be on stage at 1pm and parents can pick them up on the west side of the Plaza stage at 1.05pm
Time: 11:00am to 8:00pm
Utilizing over 61,000 sq ft of event space, VeloSpoke will bring together exhibitors for an energizing showcase of products and services from top lifestyle and cycling brands. The show will also feature unique activations, including a main stage with performances, a photo wall, bike fitting zone, kids’ corner and wellness zone.
Date: Friday, September 8th, 2017
Complimentary bag check will only be available during the Welcome GranFesta (limited to one bag per person, excluding bike boxes). Maximum size is 21.5 in. x 9 in. x 15.5 in. (standard airplane carry-on size). Bag check tags pre-printed with your rider number will be a tear-away on your bib. Have this tag clearly visible and in position before you hand in your bag at the Station. Put all items into one bag - no loose items will be accepted! Items can be collected at the finish line starting.
The Finish Area for RBC GranFondo Whistler participants will include:
With the beginning of the ride starting at 6:45am we anticipate the elite riders to make their way across the finish line around 10:00am. We will organize festivities throughout the day as the rest of the participants arrive.
The RBC GranFondo Whistler is partnered with Cycling British Columbia (CBC). CBC facilitates a program called iRide. The iRide program increases knowledge about bike safety and allows children to practice smart decision-making skills. Most of all, the iRide program inspires children and youth to develop their riding skills and increase their fitness level.
Registration opens at 10am. First come, first serve.
Arts and crafts are also available at the Whistler Arts Council tent in the Olympic Plaza.