Commit for 2015
Prices change at noon on date below. Mark your calendars, the date for 2015 has been set for Saturday, September 12.
|Dec 1||Feb 2||April 15||June 30 to Sept 4|
Plus tax of 5% and service fee of 6% will be added to price at checkout. Online registration closes Friday, September 2 at 8:00pm.
Medio - 55km:
For riders who aren't quite ready for the Forte or GranFondo but still want to participate, the Medio is a lighter version of 55 km from Squamish to Whistler. Suitable for beginner to advanced riders.
GranFondo - 122km
For riders who want to challenge themselves at their own pace, the GranFondo category is the full 122 km at a self-set pace for recreational to advanced riders.
Forte - 155km
Limited to 500 riders, this category is specially for those who want the challenge of riding up two mountains; Cypress Mountain first then up to Whistler. Riders in this category must be able to maintain an average speed of 20km/hour including stops. This category is best suited for advanced riders.
Giro Race - 122km
Limited space of 150 riders, this category is for the riders who want to race. Prize purse is available. Registration opens separately. Watch newsletter for details.
Alta Classe (either GranFondo or Forte)
This is the VIP package for the ride that allows you to enjoy the RBC GranFondo Whistler in a special way that comes with distinct perks and benefits. No line ups, no hassles, no fuss, but all the fun. This first-class package includes registration plus all of the following benefits:
- RBC GranFondo Whistler Official Jersey
- Express package pickup service at the Welcome GranFesta
- Exclusive staging area at the start line
- Event day bag check
- Alta Classe lounge at the finish
- Exclusive gifts and offers from our premium sponsors
- Invitation to Friday morning pre-ride in Vancouver with celebrity guests
Expanded list of what your entry fee includes:
- Pre-ride bicycle and lifestyle Expo in Vancouver
- A dedicated lane width for cycling for the entire ride
- Timing chip for all riders. Track your performance on overall ride time and on pre-determined course sections
- Fully-stocked Rest Stops along the course
- Mechanical support at Rest Stops as well as roving mechanics to offer assistance
- Medical support at Rest Stops as well as roving medics along the course
- Sag wagon support to the finish for all riders unable to continue (we'll pick you up and get you to the finish line)
- Secure bike parking during post-event party
- Complimentary bag check
- A finisher's medal for all finishers
- Custom designed cotton t-shirt
- Water bottle
- Cycling specific socks
- Jersey kit bag
- Post-ride meal and entertainment in Whistler
- Ride results posted on the RBC GranFondo Whistler website
Riders 18 and under must have a permission form signed by a parent and/or legal guardian in order to participate. A "Minor Participation Form" should be completed by their parents or legal guardian to authorize participation - contact email@example.com to request a copy.
The Giro Race Category will replace the licensed rider corral that was present in earlier years.
No refunds are available for any reason, medical or otherwise. However, we do recognize that unforeseen events may occur. We have created the Transfer Entry Policy and Deferral Policy to help riders who become unable to ride with us.
RBC GranFondo Whistler is proud to support BC Cycling and foster the next generation of cyclists by donating 10% of all official event merchandise sales to the Cycling BC's iRide Program. This program teaches riding skills to marginalized youth and new Canadians in communities across Sea to Sky (Vancouver, Squamish and Whistler).
In addition, any donations made to BC Cycling will be matched, dollar for dollar, by RBC Foundation to a maximum of $25,000. Together, we can raise $50,000 to fund programs for child and youth cycling in BC. Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or greater and will be issued from Cycling BC's charitable portal Chimp. Donate Now